Saturday, July 3, 2010

Caught the so-called "Ip Man 3" today. Being an Ip Man fan since the first movie, I was actually quite excited to catch it. However after seeing the movie, I was actually quite disappointed with it. A lousy storyline straying from the original story of the grandmaster, the fighting scenes didn't really get to me this time round and the new lead actor (Dennis To Yu-Hang) playing Ip Man didn't really leave an impression on me, as compared to the Ip Man played by Donnie Yen.

Don't be mistaken that this is "Ip Man 3", although most of the cast are the same with the addition of Yuan Biao, Dennis To and guest appearance of Ip Man's real son - Ip Chun. In fact the original Ip Man movie starring my idol - Donnie Yen ended at "Ip Man 2". This so-called third Ip Man movie - "The Legend is Born - Ip Man" staring the new lead actor and directed by a new director, is a stand-alone story on its own about Ip Man, that in my personal opinion, is trying abit too hard to cash in a quick buck on the recently famous Wing Chun grandmaster's life story...

If you ask me, watch it if you want but don't expect too much from its two predecessor films. Anyway I bought the DVD - Ip Man 2, and watched it again with Charmaine & Family. Really think it's so much better than this... =P

No comments: