Thursday, May 27, 2010

Date: 27th May, 2010 (Thursday)
Event: Charmaine's Graduation

Venue: Ngee Ann Polytechnic


Welcome to Charmaine's 2010 Graduation from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Diploma in Tourism & Resort Management. This marks the end of a chapter as a polytechnic student in her life story, but also signifies a new chapter that will unfold in time to come...

And now in this new chapter, she has decided to move on, to further her studies for another year or two... before she's gonna enter the harsh working world like me~ hahaha.

But for now, let's have this blog entry to commemorate this special day, where my girl puts on her "fugly" graduation gown (according to her lips, not mine) and walks onto stage to receive her diploma certificate.


"I love what they did with the stage setup, especially with the humongous "graduation" neon lights!
So much more impressive than when I was in Singapore Polytechnic, or even NTU..."

As I check out the stage & look back on how beautiful the campus looked like as we drove in moments before, I start to think that the polytechnics nowadays in Singapore have such an engaging and conducive environment for the students to study in. The campus surroundings look great, and its facilities so extensive and well maintained. I would think it's really a blessing that Singapore kids get to study in such environments like these, and not having their schools at the top of some hill or mountain, nor need to travel on foot for half a day's journey to the next village or town to attend school like those 3rd world countries...

But OK, I'm starting to head off-track here. hahaha...

Anyway, today is Charmaine's Day! And I'm supposed to be the part-time photographer following her around to help her snap pictures with her classmates and lecturers.


That's Charmaine on stage receiving her Diploma (or what in fact is an empty case...)


Pictures of Charmaine with her Lecturers... and her course mates

Individual shots with the famous group of "Eight"... and a Class group photo

More photos with the group of "Eight"...


And last of all, photos with the parents as well as the Proud Boyfriend =)

Like I said, today is only an end to one chapter. And soon another will begin writing.

Like some quote I heard somewhere, "Life's awesomeness is not in its destination, but the journey we travel along the way". I know you have the jitters about moving on to the university - the new unfamiliar environment and heavy study load and stress that comes along with it, but I'm sure you will overcome whatever obstacles that may come your way. And whenever you need, you will always have me to fall back onto... hehe.

Relax! and have fun in Curtin~!!! Cheers, babe!

No comments: