Monday, April 5, 2010

"Left, your left, your left right!~"

MY VERY 1st RESERVICE IN-CAMP TRAINING~!
(22th MARCH 2010 - 01st APRIL 2010)

No pictures... cuz no camera phones allowed in camp. =p


It's been a long, long time since I last updated my blog... =p (Forgive me, my dearest readers, especially the most loyal of them all - my girlfriend, Charmaine!). *It's been so long that I almost forgot my user name & password~ hehe

Anyway, the very fact that all of you are reading this post means I'm back from my very 1st ICT in one piece (which means In-Camp Training for those ladies whom don't know the army terms).

The fun fact behind my ICT, was that I sorta "volunteered" for it. The same goes for Amos as well, whom was in the same ICT as me... We basically didn't received our SAF100 because our records state that we were still studying. And by some twist of fate, we had our CO called us up to "encourage" us to attend the ICT... and we only received our letter of notification one week before the In-Camp started on 22nd March.

But first of all, I must say although many of the people whom I met in the camp are not always so "happy & enthusiastic" about stepping into that green uniform which they last donned some 5 years ago, it was certainly a most pleasant experience for me. To be able to take a break from that air-conditioned office & step into the sun, the natural out-field. To be able to give it a good sweating-out & catch up with a few familiar faces I've not seen since the good old BMTC days in Pulau Tekong.

On the first day of the In-processing, I was late... very late. Adding on top of that, my hair was basically not acceptable due to the residual effects for dyeing my hair some months back. Somehow, in the course of heading to the barbers to have my hair dyed back to black, I ended up having a hair cut as well. It turned out to be a disaster! I looked like a @*!%. The first thing I did when I got out for my 1st nights out, it was a straight trip to the hairstylist for a PROPER haircut!

The rest of the training days, basically had me perspiring & cursing at the hot weather. The first few days brought back those sweet (smelly) memories from my Officer Cadet days, when we would wear the same uniform days in a row when we know the exercises in the next few days are gonna be "xiong!" - basically meaning that your uniform is just gonna get dirty (if not dirtier) or that you're just gonna perspire profusely in it... Well, we had technical handling for the first day, live range for next entire day, & some combat obstacle course followed by shell scape digging the next day! You can only imagine how smelly our uniform is gonna get! HAhaha...

Beside those enduring training moments, I really enjoyed those heart-lightening chats with my Men & fellow Commanders, where we just joke around, get to know more about each other & what they do outside in their civilian lives.

These are the days that I will remember till our next ICT which will take place in January 2011~!!! That's gonna be like real fast...

No comments: