Saturday, December 12, 2009

11th December, 2009:
My first ICT briefing...




Just yesterday, I went back for my first ICT briefing in Mandai Hill Camp, with Amos...
Since we are in the same battalion, as we found out long time ago, he has become my reservice buddy. Haha...
Thank God for a familiar face!


We went there, without a single clue on what to expect. The only thing we knew was that we were going to attend a half-a-day battalion briefing, that was all. But we arrived at the entrance of the camp, I was shocked. There was a long queue forming from the Guardroom... I thought that was the queue for the StarHub or M1 iPhones that they launched recently. Hahaha...

In the end, it took us quite a while to finally get through the Guardroom & enter the Camp. We just followed the signage along the way to find our way to the Multi-Purpose Hall, where we were shocked again. Another long queue forming up! Funny thing was, we just queued up without knowing what was ahead. Eventually, as we got closer to the end of the queue, only did we found out that there was the In-processing going on... all the administrative & sizing of uniform & equipment.

But I must say that the administrative set up was quite poorly done. No one knew where to queue up, cuz there were queues forming up all over the place, circling within the MPH itself. So confusing! Even the staff down there weren't as helpful as they should be, they didn't bother to offer assistance or gave instructions on where to proceed onto next. Amos & I had to rack our brains to figure out where to go to next...

Eventually, all the sizing & administrative procedures were completed after more than one & a half hours! And judging from the schedule they put up on notice, we were behind time. But not to worry, as I told Amos, the one true characteristic of the SAF Army is that, even if we start behind time, somehow we will always end ON TIME! Haha...

We proceeded on to the Auditorium for our briefing. The contents of the briefing I shall not say, but I did see some more familiar faces. I hope we end up in the same platoon or company. As far as I know now, Amos & I are in the same platoon! That is something worth rejoicing about... hahaha.

Anyway, INTERESTINGLY, at the end of the briefing, as a reward for our outstanding IPPT Silver & Gold Award achievements, our CO had a prize presentation for all those who achieved Silver & Gold awards!

A total of 65 silver awards and 8 gold awards. And needless to say, yours truly here (me!) got the Gold Award! Haha... My prize is a complimentary VIP Guest Pass for True Fitness Gym, attached with a name card of the supervisor. I wonder if it's a free membership gym pass? Wouldn't that be great! However, I think that will be highly unlikely... haha

Oh no! My ICT is gonna start soon! A feeling of both anticipation and unreadiness... =S

No comments: