Friday, January 9, 2009

MONDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009:
MY BIRTHDAY @ SINGAPORE BOTANIC GARDENS...

Alritey boys & girls, before all of you (including my girlfriend) start ostracizing my blog, I gonna be updating my blog from today onwards. I know that I haven't been updating my blog for quite some time... I've been distracted by alot of things. Hehe =P

But if I'm gonna start blogging bout events that took place in December... I'm sure gonna blog bout my wonderful birthday celebrated alongside my favourite girl in the world (my Mom will be my favourite woman in the world, okay?), namely Charmaine my girlfriend... in a place forgotten by most Singaporeans - The Singapore Botanic Gardens. Yes... We do have a botanical gardens located in town, next to Gleneagles Hospital.


"You don't go to the Botanic Gardens & take no pictures of the plants there, right?"

So anyway, it was my 24th birthday... and we decided to have a simple picnic @ Singapore Botanic Gardens. Due to early morning showers, we could met up only in the early afternoon for some serious grocery shopping @ AMK Hub - so serious in fact, that we had plenty of leftovers by the end of the day which I brought home for my meals the following day. After the groceries were bought, we went back to my place to prepare the food for the picnic. Well, by the time we were done it was late afternoon around 4 - 5pm... =P (well, it was my first picnic, okayyyy) so we had to take a cab down to the Botanic Gardens if we wanted to have our picnic in daylight. On the taxi, it was then I came to know that the Botanic Gardens has more than one entrance! Haha...


"Arrival at the Gardens... X'mas mood... & one good Harry Potter train station clock"

Thankfully, there was still daylight when we arrived at the Gardens. And the place I must say was beautifully done up in preparation for the upcoming X'mas, especially the entrance with the big X'mas tree & reindeer & sleigh. We spent some time taking pictures to commemorate our setting foot into the Gardens once again, since childhood times... When we finally convinced ourselves that there's more to the Botanic Gardens than its entrance we decided it was time to move on. Just as we were leaving the entrance, we got carried away & distracted by the souvenir shop around the corner & we spent another good 30 minutes "wow'ing" at the exquisite gifts inside the shop before moving on!


"Her Favourite type of street lamp..."


"Enjoy the scenery of the Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage"





"There are really swans at the Swan Lake~!!!"

When we finally left the shop with a few items, the skies turned dark & rain started to pour. Our spirits were immediately dampened! Thank God, the rain didn't last that long & we even enjoyed our walk under the light drizzle of blessings falling upon us... =) Of course we did some sightseeing & mostly, cam-whoring... before we came to our picnic spot, mainly cuz we were both exhausted from our long walk. In fear of another unpredictable rain, we set up our picnic under a shelter next to the Swan Lake... So romantic right! if you minus the fact that the green metal rubbish bin was located next to the shelther =P Well, you can't have the best of both worlds all the time...


"Picnic Time! - Two of my favourites - strawberries & cheese cake, all in one! And we prepared salad with ham & small potatoes in Italian sauce, cheesey chilli sausages, two mini Hawaiian pizzas & lastly, my speciality - cheese ham toast... WHAT A SPREAD!!!"

Well then, we laid out our food upon the picnic sheet in front of us. Charmaine even baked my favourite cheese cake for me! OMG... 我是感动到... (tears started to roll down my cheek, no lah, juz kidding!) Throughout the whole trip, she protected that "package" refusing to let any harm come upon it. I didn't know what was in that package. But since she said it was "fragile", I let her carry it while I carried the rest of the food stuffs... After the revealing of the cake, we started to dig in. The food was SUPERB, much to my amazement! I tell you... (You can leave the catering of food for the next DB gathering in our care! Haha... juz kidding!)


"Cam-whoring at the Gates of the Botanic Gardens"

From daylight to moonlight, we juz sat under the shelter eating, taking pictures, talking while lying on each other's laps... basically we were in our own world, enjoying each other's company. hahaha.

And after we left the Botanic Gardens like close to 9 o'clock. We took a walk down Orchard Road admiring the wonderful X'mas lightings, before we headed back home... both exhausted from a day full of laughter & joy.

So guys, idea ah... Bring your loved ones to the Botanic Gardens for a picnic. Cheerios~



"Thanks Babe for Everything..."

No comments: