Thursday, January 15, 2009

I SIMPLY LOVE BUSINESS LAW... & THE SIMPLE PLEASURES OF LIFE~!!!



I'm really beginning to LOVE my new business elective this semester: "Fundamentals of Business Law"!!!
Not only is the content of the module informative & engaging; teaching me about so many aspects of the LAW that I didn't know, for example, all along, all of us might have thought that a CONTRACT must be written out in black & white & signed in order for it to be legally binding in the eyes of the Law. But that may not be the case. Contracts can be & are most of the time, made orally... such as in purchasing a book from a bookstore or purchasing a bottle of tomato sauce from the supermarket etc. The fact is that anything can be a Contract as long as it constitutes 1) an OFFER, 2) an ACCEPTANCE, 3) an INTENTION to be legal binding, & 4) CONSIDERATIONS.

Another reason why I've FALLEN IN LOVE with the module is probably due to the lecturer who is a lawyer himself, Mr Tan Peng Kwee, having being extremely entertaining, keeping me awake throughout his two hours lectures (keeping in mind: this doesn't happen too often to me). HE IS VERY HILARIOUS! It's almost as though we are watching a live stand-up comedy performance! And I'm sure the whole lecture theater will agree with me in bursting laughter on this one!

Thus far, this is probably the only lecture that I've actually look forward to attending each thursday... until it gets a bit too challenging in the future, with all its facts...

I pray it doesn't...


"NEW YORK NEW YORK"

Further into the evening, after school has ended, I met up with Charmaine @ Jurong Point. I brought her to a hard-to-come-by dinner @ NEW YORK NEW YORK. It's not every time that we get to eat at such restaurants... as we are both students so we like to be a bit more thrifty, but like any couples, we still tend to splurge a bit sometimes hehe... In the end, we did have a sumptuous feast! And after dinner we walked around for some Chinese New Year shopping...


"Bravo Potato Wedges, Penne in Tomato Sauce & Seafood, Tagliatelle with Spare Ribs"

Now, by right, it was supposed to be ME who wanted to do the shopping. But in the end, even Charmaine couldn't overcome the ancient unwritten rule that shopping is still any girl's favourite past-time no matter where, no matter when. And so it turned into her shopping spree, instead of mine. Haha... She even set her eyes on a pair of Converse sneakers, while supposing to find one for me. Thankfully, I was able to drag her back before she got too carried away in wanting to buy this & that...

In the end, I did managed to buy a shirt & pair of pants under some words of praise from Charmaine. =P Anyway, I think it's a good idea to bring your girlfriends along during your shopping, guys. They offer some pretty good advices & are more than willing to express their views... So now, I have something to wear during Chinese New Year. YAY!

Good food, Good company & Shopping... The simple pleasures of Life.


No comments: