Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3 CAKES, 9 CYLUME STICKS... ONE BIG SURPRISE~!
19 JANUARY, 2009



The date is 19th January 2009, our 3rd month anniversary, since Charmaine & I got together, not considering the strange "stalker & the stalked" relationship we had between us for a duration of one year...

Today is also a Monday, which means there is Dragonboat training back in school, in the evening. A good time to surprise Charmaine... as she will think I'll be spending the night over at my hostel after training. They say the best time to surprise someone is when he/she is totally caught off guard! Well, it's time to set the Plan into motion...

Actually the plan was a very simple one, it was to forget about the usual 'after-training dinner' @ Can 2 & quickly run off back to Hall, take a quick shower, grab the necessary stuffs & take a bus out of "Pulau Ulu NTU". And then grab some cakes from Bakerzin @ Jurong Point & head off to Serangoon Gardens... for the big surprise!

Never will she expect my appearance, as I continued our usual exchange of SMS'es after training... hehe. Of course the train ride from Boon Lay to Serangoon was not an easy one... especially when you're feeling tired & sleepy after a tough training session, and still have to hold onto a box of cakes in fear that at any one moment, it might just fall onto the floor. Haha... if that happened, then it's Good Game...

Now the whole gist of the surprise plan was to celebrate our anniversary together before the clock strikes twelve midnight, so it was pretty much a race against time. Fortunately, I was able to reach the nearby park around her house & set up the necessary arrangements. The funny thing was while I was setting up cylume sticks on the ground... this Bangla passing by the area, stopped, got curious over what I was doing & invited himself over to see what I was doing... By the time I was done, I was thinking if he was gonna stay around & see the whole "show" when I invite Charmaine over... HAHAHA... Can you imagine that!? What a huge light bulb... not that he's gonna be giving off any lights... Well, we all know black entities can't give off light... =P (Can I even say such things on Blog?)


Anyway, thankfully he went off when I was making the call to ask Charmaine out of her house... Initially, there was some worry that Auntie won't allow her to go out so late, but knowing that it was our monthiversary, she gave the "go ahead"... Thanks Auntie! Luv ya =) Promise it won't happen too often...



So I asked Charmaine to make her way to the park, while I went to meet her along the way. Once we arrived at the entrance to the park, I told her to shut her eyes & I placed my hands over her eyes, to ensure No Peeking. Then I walked her over to the bench where we usually sit & sat her down carefully on the bench, asked her no matter what, don't peek! Don't ruin all the fun... Haha. Then I lit the candles on the cakes & sung her a "stupid song" for our 3rd month anniversary... which no one will get to hear about it in the future Hahaha. After that, we held hands together & made a wish, and blew out the candles. And next, we devoured the cakes greedily (That's me, I have a soft spot for desserts... hahaha) while taking pictures at the same time...


But unfortunately, mere pieces of cakes are not enough to satisfy my hunger since I've yet to have dinner at that moment. So we walked down the street to the about-to-close Chomp Chomp to take away Chicken Chop back to Charmaine's place for dinner... (Yes, auntie gave permission for me to stay over too, cuz it was way past midnight by then & there were no more buses back home). Now now, before all your thoughts start floating to those dark, dirty places... I slept on the couch in the living room downstairs, while Charmaine slept on her own bed in the room above. =P



And so marks the end of an lovely 3rd month anniversary celebration before the day itself passes at the strike of midnight... A good beginning to the start of a happy Chinese New Year... Gong Xi Gong Xi~


No comments: