Sunday, November 2, 2008

Many things to celebrate this week...
~.~.~
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NICK~!"Oh yeah, Darryl's the one taking the picture hehe..."
~.~.~
1) Firstly & most importantly, our very own Nick's 26th Birthday! Though an impromptu last minute celebration, nonetheless it still manages to be ridiculously funny & entertaining. We gave Melvin a new, not-so-glam nickname called "Gay Referee"... chatted with the Canteen 5 uncle & revealed that his son is a dragonboater from SP who once tried to "jio" my girlfriend... Good rewarding meal & good laughs after a tiring training. Yup, definitely a fine evening.
~.~.~
"See... good food! BBQ stingray, prawn paste chicken, hong kong noodles, hotplate tofu..."
~.~.~
2) Another thing to celebrate is about my girl passing her BTT. Honestly, I've never seen or heard anyone studying so hard for BTT before in my life... But it works for her, so let it go, hahaha. Yeah and thanks to Caryn for lending me the Basic Theory Book. Looks like I don't need to ferry my girl around in the future... maybe she can drive me around instead? Nah...
~.~.~
"CONGRATULATIONS to my Girl, Charmaine!"
~.~.~
3) It's the end of a work-overloading week~! Two quizzes in a week, Polymer Synthesis on Tuesday & Polymer Technology on Thursday. So I've not been having proper sleep since Monday night, because those people who know me well know that I don't really sleep much at night when I have quiz the next day. So if I have a quiz on Tuesday, I don't sleep the Monday night before due to studying. In this case, quizzes on Tuesday & Thursday means no sleep on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
~.~.~
And then there was the promise I made to JinHan to help him draw up a 3D drawing of a wheelchair for his project, using a software called SolidWorks '08. That software was a different version from the one I used during my Polytechnic's Industrial Attachment, say erm... 6-7 years ago? haha... So I ended up drawing & experimenting with the software the whole night before till the next morning. I had to rush through the night because the deadline was in the afternoon! In the end, I didn't think I did a spectacular job when I handed the work back to JH, but he liked it... maybe he was just being nice. I dunno? hahaha...
~.~.~
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY~ AMOS the Birdman"
~.~.~
4) My roomie, Vincent & I celebrated our good pal, Amos's 24th Birthday that following Friday morning, after I stayed up the whole night doing the 3D drawing (We call him "birdman" cuz he sells parrots & parrotkeets)... Together with Hui Ying & Hui Xin, we went to the "Ichiban" Japanese restaurant @ the basement of Jurong Point. It was the first time I had my meal at the Japanese corner at the basement. I ordered Tempura ChaSoba & I must say the food is not that bad there... the salmon sashimi is fresh too. YUMMY-LICIOUS~! After the celebration, we took a photo & rushed back to school for tutorial! hahaha...
~.~.~
5) Mom's buying a new TV for the living room... We went down to Plaza Singapura, because they were having a road show... We managed to get what I believe to be a great deal... a Samsung 42" Plasma TV priced $1499... but the package comes with a new digital camera, $400 gift voucher & a home threater system... total worth of about $1000... so technically we are getting the TV for $500 bucks only... Wooooo... GREAT DEAL. Luckily when we went, there were only like 4-5 sets left... and by the time, I passed by Plaze Sing' on Sunday, the package deal has already been taken down. SO with that 42" Plasma TV settling in the living room. The existing TV will be moving into my room, replacing the 27" old TV... =P
~.~.~
6) At the end of wednesday's training the most delighting piece of news long since heard was that the Evaluation next week will be cancelled, along with the training to give us more time to study~!!!! WOOHOO~ It's like a major load off my shoulders... Every evaluation is like a CA for hehe... Total Stress to the max! Everytime I have to get through Evaluation, I will get the jitters~! So this came as a major good news... but it doesn't mean we'll be slacking. I'm still doing my own training time to time...
~.~.~
Okay, so I've come to the end of this week's blog entry... I must say, it has definitely been a week filled with quizzes, (solid)work, fun & laughter... A good week... Thanks to God~ =)
~.~.~
Ohhhh... before I foget my "promise"... I just can't take it... I have to show it to the WORLD~!!! *bleah* Sorry, "Thunder thighs" (at least I have changed your name to protect your identity hehe...) All in the name of good fun laughter... =P
~.~.~

"These sculptures remind me of various positions of "18 Arhats" for Thunder Thighs... Quite cool eh"

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

sigh. even my new radar oaks can up my 'seh'ness man.. i get bad nicknames..