Saturday, August 23, 2008


23rd August, 2008... A Night I'll Remember.
This night to many others may just be another night of wonderful, spectacular fireworks under the caliginous nightsky. Because tonight is the second night of the "Fireworks Festival" down at the Floating Gallery next to the Esplande.

But to me & Charmaine, it was a special night for us... It's our second outing watching the fireworks in this one month. hahaha... This time however, less bloopers~! Everything went quite well, despite the continuous drizzling ("Drizzle Lin"), but that little setback was easily solved with my well-prepared umbrella~ hehe. (so remember guys, important to have an umbrella kept away in your bag when out on dates with the girl you wanna impress).

Anyway, we arrived early. I would consider ourselves as being early, coz at later periods of the time, even more people came along. So we were lucky, we came early & got ourselves some seats on the steps next to the band-stage, facing straight at the entrance of the Esplande. The floor was wet, of coz, but thanks to the AHM goodie bag Charmaine had... our butts were saved from soaking embarrassment. =P But as we waited under our small umbrella, at the corner of my eyes, I saw Nick (from Dragonboat). What luck~! haha... He didn't see us but we had to hide under the umbrella still.
~.~.~
Finally, the time arrived... and the fireworks started. I took a video with my handphone while Charmaine took pictures with my digi-cam. She even took the pictures till I saw her eyes teared, gosh so cute... haha. =P The fireworks lasted around a full 15 minutes or so. The fireworks were wonderful~ even better than the previous day's one, they say.
~.~.~
And when the fireworks finally ended, the crowd started to leave the area altogether. The place was packed, like a can of sardines, rushing to exit from the place. And in the midst of all the chaos & turmoil, Leslie did the one thing he knew he would never regret for the rest of his life. His hand found its way into her hand & held onto it, held onto it tightly. To keep her by his side amidst the whole helter-skelter, to keep her by his side for the rest of his life...
~.~.~
And we finally made our way through the crowd, into Marina Square, where we bumped into Nick again, outside Golden Village. This time, he sees us, he sees us holding hands too. Guess there's no hiding afterall. =P With no movie timings available, we went for dinner at Burger King's. At Burger King's, we saw this baby that instantly reminded us both of Dr. Bailey from Grey's Anatomy (one of our favourite drama series). I think the baby will grow up to become just like her? Check it out below:
~.~.~
Anyway, after dinner, we went back to my place, to pass Charmaine a bag she could use for tomorrow's AHM. While I was upstairs in my home, she was patiently waiting downstairs in the void deck, with her handphone's MP3 player playing out loud, she thinks that will keep the "wolves" away. So when I finally came downstair and passed her the bag, I sent her home.
~.~.~
On the way back home, I made her stop by the park near her place & I passed her a parcel carefully wrapped in brown paper, along with a small gift box. She knew what was coming, & she didn't dare to open them up in front of me... She wanted to bring them back & opened them up at home, which I agreed. =) So I walked her to her front gate & saw her enter the house safely before I went off.
~.~.~
What's in the parcel & gift box? A few others knew. But what is conveyed in the parcel? Only she & I, will know. And truly I mean everything & every word in that parcel... as well as every word that I said over the phone... You are the "missing piece".
~.~.~
You are the "missing piece" to my life.
You complete my life... it's you, you and no one else.

No comments: