Thursday, August 21, 2008



"Welcome to HortPark..."
~.~.~
The Lin Clan had a outing not too long ago... We went to the Horticulture Park (HortPark, in short) under the suggestion by Caryn, now my officially appointed Scouts IC of the "Lin Clan". haha... She has been always suggesting & bringing us to places I never knew existed in Singapore. Next outing, we plan to go to this wonderful cheesecake place... but that will be another entry for another time. Teehee...
~.~.~
So anyway, it was a Friday afternoon. No classes in the afternoon. And we took Anli's car to get to HortPark. But before that, can I just add that they had lunch WITHOUT ME~! when we agreed beforehand that we were supposed to eat together... diaoz (super disappointing...) I only found that out when we all got onto Anli's car. I even turned down my roomie's invitation for lunch for that matter. Anyway, a Hungry Leslie was a Angry Leslie in the car... so the girls had to make a quick detour to West Coast MacDonald's Drive-through to get me a MacWings Upsized Meal to get that Olympics Limited Edition Cup. By the way, that was my first time going through a drive-through... so it was a experience nonetheless. haha.
~.~.~
So we were talking cock, eating my MacWings meal in the car. Before long, we reached our destination - HortPark. A little info on HortPark: It was developed at a cost of $13 million. Though it's half the size of the Botanic Garden, it has 20 themed gardens inside, a nursery, a horticultural mart, some restuarants, a showroom for people to browse, & a glassroom function hall at the lower level. Pretty cool, if you ask me... being touted as the first gardening & lifestyle hub in South-East Asia that brings together gardening, educational, research & retail under one roof.
~.~.~
About 12 hectares of the place is opened up to the general public, like us for sightseeing. The rest serves as the working nursery for the National Parks Board (NParks) which owns the HortPark. This nursery has been around since the 1970s, and they provide the plants, trees & shrubs for various public parks & Singapore roads. And according to the internet, free guided tours are conducted for vistiors.
~.~.~
So who knows? Maybe some of you, might want to bring ur family, friends or loved ones for a nice walk and/or pinic in HortPark & enjoy the variety of flowers, plants & landscapes at the 20 themed gardens and breathe in the fresh air. =) I know, I will someday... Don't always go Zouk, MOS chiong lah... This alternative is much more healthier.
~.~.~
That's me trying to finish up my MacWings Meal, while snapping a shot at me. That's the girls in "jail".


Some scenery pictures for you...


Anli is trying to take a "nice" photo of our back view, but I don't get what's so nice about our back view?
Ohh... that's me trying to ride the orange rhino. WHAT~!? We all need to let go of ourselves once in a while.
The picture of the Lin Clan girls is just splendid~! Heard Anli likes this picture alot.

More landscape pictures of the Park...

That's us at the "Hawaii Landscape" themed garden. We just look good lah...

We are trying to take a FUN SHOT at the playground... And that, my friends, is (was) a wishing well~?


That heart-shaped wooden stool reminds of heart-shaped TSP (dragonboat joke).
We wandered into the "Wizard of Oz" themed garden & took a picture with the Scarecrow & the Lion.



Some more scenery shots... and me with my broken slipper. It just broke all of a sudden.
The girls tell me it's my bad karma... =P
And FINALLY... my favourite photo of the Lin Clan. Just take a look, all of us so SEY!
The feeling is so surreal, like a scene from a dream. haha... I took the picture with the timer. Hehe... (claim credits) Caryn & Anli says it looks as though Melissa is resting on my shoulder. IT'S JUST A OPTICAL ILLUSION.
I'm innocent~!!! Plus she's not even my Charmaine. =P
~.~.~

Oh yeah, for those who wanna know how to get to HortPark. Here's the map... 33 Hyderabad Road.

No comments: