Friday, July 11, 2008

I woke up late this afternoon in my hall. Feel kinda weird to be back in my aircon room after all this time... but "weird" in the good kind of way. Had to leave school soon enough, to head down to The Cathay in town to catch the Chinese blockbuster movie "Red Cliff" with Melissa, Xiuyun & Anli. This time, I asked Wei Chen to come along too, for a little get-together-for-old-times-sake with Melissa, since they were acquainted with one another since secondary school days through a mutual friend.

~.~.~

"Nothing like a coffee, a book & a sofa @ Starbucks to laze the afternoon away..."
~.~.~
I arrived early as I predicted. And I took the chance to do what I always wanted to do - sit down on a cushion seat @ Starbucks, ordered a cup of Black Mocha Frappuccino, enjoy writing down some thoughts, reading a book, studying the people around me & wasting the day away... It really ain't that bad after all. You, people, should really try it out sometimes... =)
~.~.~
This carried on for an hour or so, before Wei Chen finally came & joined me @ Starbucks. Not too long after that, came Melissa & XiuYun who bought the tixs, joined us. It was already approaching the starting of the movie, & still no sight of Anli. We had to enter the cinema then. Bumped into Melvin who happened to be catching the same movie as us... Singapore is sooo small~ Anli finally managed to make it in time before the movie started.
~.~.~
"Red Cliff" was really nice in my opinion, though some of them said it was a bit draggy. What I like about Chinese war films like this is that the war is about wits, strategies & outsmarting the enemy. Not like the american films where the war is about the sheer number of troops & firepower. Another thing is the sense of brotherhood portraited in these chinese war films. Something whichby we, Chinese can fully comprehend. While some of the girls were not too happy with the abrupt ending. Or with the fact that there's gonna be Part Two. Haha... All I can say is patience, dears. Patience. Good movies are worth waiting for...
~.~.~
After that, we went over to Plaza Singapore for dinner. Cafe Cartel was full, with people queuing up outside. So I suggested going over to Aji Tei (Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House). Food was not that bad... but I personally feel that its desserts are more sought after than its main dishes. =P
~.~.~
Spinach Bacon Omu Rice & some Claypot Tomato Set Meal?
Curry Chicken Omu Rice & Vanilla Sundae with mango, muchi & red bean paste
Green tea ice cream sundae with muchi, red bean paste & black honey.
Aji Tei Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House.
~.~.~
After dinner, we went shopping at The Cathay for a while. I was looking for a present, for my dearest godsister Philicia - the sister I wished I have but never had... =P Had a few choices in mind, but couldn't really make up my mind to get "that" right one. And I didn't want to carry on shopping with a heavy bag packed with my laptop & stuffs, so we decided to go our separate ways back home... So that leaves the present on hold for the moment...
~.~.~
Surprise, surprise... Philicia! =D

No comments: