Friday, June 6, 2008

Unforgettable Industrial Attachment Part 1


"This is my favourite group photo... of us"

Time really flies when you're having fun... or rather starting to have fun! The end of our 22 weeks Industrial Attachment has finally (inevitably) come to an end.

Though tiring it is waking up in the unearthly hours of the morning and supposingly reporting for work at 7:30am, I've grown accustomed to reporting for work only after 8:00am... and so has my supervisor =P For this matter, my supervisor has been tolerative of me... coz slowly he has grown only to call me to report at his desk at 8 plus. =]

The things I'll miss most from work... are the friendly ladies (aunties) at FA Lab, Chwee Eng, Jee Ping, Cecillia & Wai Fong... my I.A lunch & break kakis, the fun bunch of guys & girl from NTU, Wei Qi, Chin Heng, Wei Jian, Yang Hao, Chao Zhi & Yun Xuan.

They are the ones that make the long stretch of I.A. almost bearable & endurable. THANKS GUYS~! erm... & girl... That's one good point of being attached to a company full of students doing attachment, ever better if they're all from the same school. I remember the first day when we met each other, standing outside the guardhouse. All of them were dressed smartly in their shirts & pants, paired with their leather shoes. I was the only one who appeared dressed in my "Long" polo tee. haha... We quickly initated, getting to know each others' names & taking down their contact numbers. Then we headed to the reception area & waited for our supervisors to come pick us up one by one as though we were call-girls.

That very afternoon, we met each other for lunch at the company cafeteria... and that was the start of an blooming friendship between us. Ever since then, we have been meeting up for lunch, bitching about our workload, our supervisors, the aunties at the production line, the pretty 853 girl, chinese-muslim girl, CC (aka Chin Heng's rumored GF) and 美女 at the company, the food at the company cafeteria, etc. Lunch slowly grew from 45mins to 1 hour, then from purely lunch to lunch cum post lunch break, where we gathered in Chin Heng's room & chit chat before returning to our individual work-post. =P

And I will surely remember our tea breaks, that only came too late as the I.A period approached its end. But better late than never, right? Hehe... And we sure made up for lost time as we cracked the stupiest and most classic jokes during I.A. then... haha

I believe we will all miss those days... when we hang out together in Delphi. We had our first outing near the end of our attachment, but I'm sure that won't be our last... Let's keep the "Delphi Zuo Mu Quan" spirit alive~! haha =]

Let's set the next gathering in July~! yar~

I think I'll continue on my attachment another time... coz that's just so much to commemorate...

My takeaway:
I believe I'm truly blessed in my life... sure I have my ups & downs... who doesn't? But what I'm truly grateful for, are all the true friends that have appeared in my life. I haven't encountered any "friends" that have backstabbed me, or talked bad about me up till now, and I hope I never have to live to experience that day. I don't possess any special qualities, but my friends really stick with me nonetheless. And they have taught me alot about life. You guys and girls know who you are... and I'm determined to keep you people by my side till I die~

My belief is that I don't need alot and alot of friends. Those are just numbers on Friendster and Facebook. I don't care about those... What I truly care about are having true friends, who are not afraid to go that extra mile for me, who I know have my back covered at all times... =]

My fav phrase has been "True friends will tell you the painful truth, but fake friends will just lie to you for one whole life-time..."

No comments: