Saturday, September 27, 2008


Blades of Glory (NTU version): It's the Recess Week for us in NTU... so I thought maybe a good old batch outing amongst all the trainings, would be fun! And it was, although not everyone could make it! And seeing JingXian performing all his "dance moves/stunts" on his blades for us, that was very entertaining! Way to go, ex-captain~!
~.~.~
The day didn't started off that well as it poured heavily in the morning. However our spirits were not dampened by that, although I did received some SMS'es asking me whether the blading will proceed as per normal... hahaha
~.~.~
All throughout the week, we had clear & sunny weather, & the one day we plan to have a blading session @ East Coast Park, it RAINS~! Diaoz~ Tough luck... But nonetheless, since our objectives were clear - to blade @ ECP, thus we continued to blade in the drizzling rain. We managed to wait out & the sun came out, the temperature rose, and the puddles of water on the road were gone in no time at all. But by that time, most of us were already exhausted to continue anyway. Haha~ And I think at the end of the day, most of us have become quite proficient in blading as well. =)
~.~.~

"Some pictures of us on the road, learning how to blade..."
~.~.~

So we returned the blades we rented. Anyway, the service at the "Skateline" rental station was fabulous. They provide free socks & protection gears. And their attitudes were friendly... They even helped to air blow Jinhan & my personal blades, with their pressurized air spray. Oh yeah, most importantly, the rate of renting the blades is $10 for 3 hours! So cheap!
~.~.~
"That's us at "Skateline", removing our gear at the end of the session..."
~.~.~

After that, we went to the Lagoon for lunch. The food there is expensive, but all I could think of was getting myself a cup of ice-cooling sugarcane juice to quench my thrist! I ordered Roxy Laska, the same as I used to ordered when I was younger. A pity the standard of the Roxy Laska was not as fantastic as when I used to have them in the past.
~.~.~
After lunch, good o'JinHan (one of my top 5 friends) gave most of us a lift to Eunos & Hougang MRT stations, despite being exhausted himself. KUDOS to our 龍舟小王子 (Little Dragonboat Prince)~!!! 4:30pm - I finally reached home, I immediately took a cold shower, made myself comfortable & took a nap, which lasted me all the way till 9:30pm. I woke up & immediately went for my books, all the way till 4+am.
~.~.~
That's basically what I did on this Friday. The only bad thing was that while I was dozing off in JinHan's car, I accidentally left my handphone behind in his car. Just when I needed my handphone the most, as Charmaine was away on her 4D3N Ngee Ann Dragonboat Training Camp - the handphone is my only means of communication with her~! Now I can't call or even SMS her. I never knew how 8 numbers can be so important to me until now... =(
~.~.~
<=More Group Photos=>
~.~.~


~.~.~
"I wonder how you are doing now? I've been missing you like crazy this whole time~ And I hope everything goes smoothly for you during your training camp. Watch out for your knee! and come back to me safely~" =]

No comments: