Monday, July 7, 2008

Saturday... suddenly seems so different & difficult to pass the time without the usual weekend training. Was supposed to go rollerblading @ East Coast Park with friends in the afternoon. But one of them, in particular my roomie, Vincent, couldn't make it on time. So we had to postpone the session to a later date...
~.~.~
Some of you who know me, must be wondering "Does Leslie blade? I didn't know he blades..." Well, the reason is that I just bought my first pair of blades together with Vincent last tuesday, & I'm very keen in picking up this new skill: rollerblading!

We went to the Skateline retail outlet at Peninsula Plaza, & I bought my blades for $199 & some protection gear for $49.90. It's a pretty decent pair of "beginner's" blades according to the lovely store assistant, Chloe, who attended to us. Chloe is also a fellow blader & she was very friendly & patient with us. I'll give her a Best Service award anytime... =) She took time to explain to us what to look out for when choosing a pair of rollerblades, what is supposed to be our correct blade sizes, how to wear our blades correctly, & even taught me some blading tips when she found out I was a beginner. Haha... super friendly sales assistant!
~.~.~
So that's the story... I have my very own pair of blades now. And I can blade freely in school & won't be needing to rent blades to blade in ECP now... =)
~.~.~
Well, anyway since the blading session @ ECP is cancelled. I was pretty free for the day. So my mom dragged me to her beautician to have a FACIAL done for me. Haha... Initially I didn't wanna go, but like I said, I was very free & bored... so what the heck...
~.~.~
Took a cab to Beauty World Shopping Centre @ Bukit Timah, next to my mom's old workplace. Had lunch & headed to the salon. It's a pretty small one, sufficiently managed by the Auntie beautician, who has been an old friend of my mom's.
~.~.~
Underwent my facial - had a face wash to cleanse my skin, followed by some steam to open my pores. Then came the painful process of squeezing out all the whiteheads & blackheads. Gosh! Did it take a long time & boy, did it hurt... But Auntie said that I had a high tolerance level, coz some of her male customers who are about the same age as me, make all kinds of noises & hammer on the wall during the "squeeze"... After that, my face looked like it was stung by bees, all red & swollen. Had a shock myself when I saw it in the mirror! haha... Next, had some cream applied & massaged to reduce the redness & relieve all that stress done on my face earlier on. Then I had a face mask applied & I just lied down there & fell asleep for like 30 minutes. It felt Shiok!
~.~.~
Overall, the whole experience of going through the facial was a great one. Being able to lay down on the bed, & have someone serve you. And after the whole thing, leaving your face feeling fresh & revitalised! Damn shiok! Facials are no longer just a girl's privilege anymore these days... And Auntie says to visit her again in three weeks time for Round Two... haha~

No comments: