Friday, June 20, 2008

Triple Happiness~!

This week has to be the happiest & most smooth-sailing week of my life~!
Some of my life's high-key events have ended with a smile on my face! =)
~.~.~
1) First of all, thanks to Ah Boon for jio'ing me along to take IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test) with him, at Maju Camp on Tuesday. Well, although I am a Dragonboater, I'm not particularly confident of taking my IPPT, especially not with my SBJ (Standing Broad Jump), coz my jumping is like a switch... It goes on & off. =P
~.~.~
It was my first time taking IPPT at Maju, so I was pretty fascinated with the new electronic stations! I mean I have heard that the stations are fully automated using sensors & all. But still it was an eye opener. It really sped up the time taken t complete each station, as well as the amount of manpower needed to supervise each station. Now only one PTI (Physical Training Instructor) needs to be present to supervise the station.
~.~.~
Well, all the stations turned out to be a breeze, except when it came to SBJ... I was feeling so pressurized, coz I needed at least a 'B' at the station to claim my "prize money" of $400!
~.~.~
My first jump landed me a distance of 216... Inside my mind, I was going "Hong gan liao... there goes my $400..." *shake head* The second try I thought to myself, "Come on, Leslie, 放开来... just jump only!" POW!... my leap of faith, as my feet broke contact with the ground for mere seconds, I landed at 234~! "Swee lah!", I whispered to myself, under a breath of relief. Just enough to get myself a 'B'! Haha... I breathed in, & walked away from the station with my chest proudly raised up. Haha... Left with shuttle run now... No kick lah~
~.~.~
So, with all the static stations cleared, all that's standing between me & my $400 is the 2.4km run. My number tag was 403, and Ah Boon's one was 402. That means we were in different details. All the tag numbers ending with '1' will run first, followed by an interval of 10 seconds, all the tag numbers ending with '2' will run. Following, '3', '4' and so on...
~.~.~
Ah Boon was in Category Y which means he only needed to run a timing under 10 minutes to get a Gold & his $400. So I was telling him to go for under 9:44 minutes, so that he can pace me at the same time. That way, I know I cannot run behind him under any circumstances if I wanted to achieve my Gold. *I was still under Category X, my Gold requires me to hit a timing of 9:44 minutes & below.
~.~.~
After it was my detail's turn to go, I just ran, ran... & ran. I managed to overtake everyone else, including this Commando who happened to be in detail 1. Haha... (that made me happy... it doesn't matter whether he was really a Commando or not, coz he looked as though he belongs to it, & he was dressed in his commando PT shorts =P).
~.~.~
The 2.4km route in Maju Camp, required you to run 3 rounds (800m each) within the premises of the camp. I got my Gold with a timing of 9:38 mins, not exactly my best timing... but considering the fact that I haven't been running competitively for quite some time. I'm just happy enough to hit under 9:44mins!
~.~.~
Well, as for Ah Boon, he didn't get Gold because of his 2.4km run. I feel abit partially at fault, for misleading him =P... coz I was running just in front of him. I was first, he was second... So he thought since I was quite a fast runner, and he was just behind me, his timing shouldn't be that far off... But who knows? Sorry Boon... Did you harm instead... =(
~.~.~

"Look! Total of 24 points = Gold = $400"
~.~.~
2) The second thing worth celebrating... is my Passing of my Theory Test on Wednesday. I only read through the "The New Highway Code - Book 2 - Advanced Theory of Driving" the night before... and did all the 600 questions from the "600 Final Theory Questions & Answers" book throughtout the night & next morning! *Lack of Sleep* I didn't managed to book a slot for the computerise trial-test practice session, so I was feeling a bit worried that I might fail the test. But unfortunately, I had the 600 questions book with me. It really helped alot. I highly recommend it to anyone who is going to sit for their theory tests. A must-have!
~.~.~
I feel that the FTT (Final Theory Test) questionsa are so much simpler those those covered in BTT (Basic Theory Test). It's all about slowing down first, getting ready to stop the car if necessar... letting others go first even if you have the right-of-the-way... Basically, it's just choosing the answer that makes sense & is the safest among them all. =) I managed to finish the test in 25 minutes as compared to the 45 minutes I took for BTT.



"Hehe... I finally passed my FTT! Look out drivers, I'm coming soon!"

3) Finally the last thing to celebrate, is my Subject Registration today! Thanks to Vincent, my roomie's well thought plan... I managed to secure all the modules that I wanted! =) We had 3 totally different plans so that each module's index number won't clash with each other.

Went back to MSE Computer Lab as early as 11:30am to "chop" seats. Saw quite a few familiar faces, all "geared up for battle" as well... haha... Waited for Vincent to rush back to school from ExxonMobil at 12noon. See, what a grand event it was just to register for the subject that you wanted on STARS (Student Automated Registration System). No wonder they call it the STARS wars! haha...

We waited till 1:30pm when it was time to start registering! But as the clock reached 1:29pm, everyone started clicking on the mouse, trying to log onto the system & register their modules. haha... It was a sight to behold! One of the "K's" truly belonging to us, Singaporeans... Kiasu! haha... Okay, okay, guilty as charged, I was doing the same thing as well. Well, it was just like a scene taken from "Who wants to be a Millionaire"... Fastest Finger First~!

Sure enough, as soon as the clock turned 1:30pm... that exact click of the mouse brought you to a totally new setting! The web page will display the modules that you have chosen to uptake... but you still needed to click on another button to confirm your choice. That click of the mouse was equally important as the previous one! Vincent failed to do that, and that landed him in a bit of a fix later on... but all's well ends well. He got what he wanted, same as my timetable in the end...

Anyway, after clicking the button, some modules were registered but already some were completely taken up! No vacancies left! Lucky for me, I still had Plan 2, which I loaded up and registered again, as though it was part of my natural instinct. This time, all modules got registered less one! Immediate back-up Plan 3! WA LA... finally all modules were registered... in the nick of time too, if I might add. =]

The whole scene in the MSE lab just totally caught me by surprise. Everyone clicking their mouses at 1:29pm... There was even someone counting down the time, 10, 9, 8... 3, 2, 1. Then everyone waiting for that magical moment at 1:31pm to see whether they have been confirmed the modules they wished to take. And everyone carrying out their Plan B's when Plan A failed, Plan C when even Plan B failed. And before you know it, by 2:00pm everyone was done & out of the lab.

Can you imagine, all these fuss & big whooha for a "simple" subject registration! Haha... I'm laughing at what society has changed all of us to be...

1 comment:

Boonzilla said...

Hahaa... not your fault lah. Can only say I din pace myself well. Thanks 4 taking with me and congrats to ur gooooold!~ =)