Monday, June 23, 2008

Ah Gong & Ah Ma...

Had a family dinner with my mom's side of the family tonight... Reason: coz Ah Gong sold his vegetable stall at Tekka Market back to the government & received a sum of money... The situation is that if he wants to continue on with the business, he has to pay for the increased rent due to the renovations. Plus he is getting on age & there's no one to take over the business... so the most logical decision would be to sell the stall space back to the government. =]

So with that extra cash, Ah Gong treats the whole family to dinner at a restuarant. =D What a wonderful grandfather I have...

Actually come to think of it, my grandfather has been quite lucky & living strong ever since my grandma passed away two years ago... Ah Gong is blessed with an otherwise good health, with only minor walking problems (he has to walk with the aid of a walking stick) & hearing problem. I say "blessed" because he is so much more fortunate, compared to others who suffers from Alzehimers' Disease, diabetes, cancer, & the list goes on... We must all learn to look at the sliver lining around each dark cloud, and count our blessings... =)

Sometimes, when I see my grandfather, I get reminded of my late-grandma. The one who dotes on me the most =P (I'm the favourite grandson eh... hehe)... The one who brought me up to become the person I am... Though God has taken her away from us, to be with Him, the comfort I find in all these is that she passed away in her sleep with relatively no pain or suffering, the way I wished I'll pass away during my old age in the future... =]
~.~.~
I know that my Ah Gong misses her very much, but just doesn't show it. The men of the past have a way of disguising their feelings, never showing their vulnerability. Well... Guys nowadays generally are still like that too... They don't know how to express their true feelings... especially if it reveals their weakness... Men's Pride... haiz~

No comments: