Sunday, July 18, 2010

KOREAN FEAST
Sunday, 18th July 2010.

Today is Korean Feast Day... A day where my Girlfriend is gonna whip up a Korean Feast for family & friends! And lucky old' me gets to enjoy the great food as well... =P


Charmaine's good friends back from Secondary School days...

It's amazing to know how she finds the suitable recipes and shop around for the ingredients in preparation days beforehand. From finding the recipes either online or from books to researching on the ingredients shown on the recipes to actually buying the ingredients... It's as though she is some great chef in charge of some kitchen in some restaurant!

It's also amazing how much energy she has! Earlier on in the day, we went for our swim which left me quite beat thereafter. But when we got to her place, she got to preparing all the ingredients while I concussed as soon as I hit her bed... her soft, comfy bed.


During the time I was asleep... zzZZZ~

She managed to slice up the 'three-layered' pork. The beef was sliced beforehand & marinated overnight.

... slice the carrot, chop the tofu, slice the thin pork belly meat... prepare the seasonings, as well as the kimchi.



... cooking stew, some tofu and vermicelli with the kimchi - serving our "Soup of the Day - Kimchi Chigae (Soup)"!

... dishing up another dish - "Dukbokki (Spicy Rice Cake)", along with Kimchi as a side dish as well as a special seasoned paste - "Ssamjang (Mixed Soybean & Chilli Pepper Paste)", which I personally like on my barbecued meat... =)

The table is set~! And all the dishes are served. All Ready for the FEAST~!!!

I say and I'm sure Charmaine also agrees with me...

The Korean Feast was a SUCCESS~!

I'm so lucky to have a girlfriend that can cook so well! Hehe...
Can't wait to try out her other Korean dishes, especially the Bibimbap.


Check out the recipes for the above dishes at Charmaine's blog if you want to... =)
http://youarecolor.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

No comments: