Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thanks for the wonderful memories.
They will forever live as a part of me.




"It's been two weeks since the PM Cup passed... and all the big wooha & excitement of NTU clinching both the Women's & Men's PM Cup have died down. Everything will now start all over again. In fact, the challenge has already began the very next day after PM Cup has ended. For NTU, it will be defending the Cup from its strong & upcoming varsity rivals like SMU & NUS. For SMU, NUS & SIM, it will be trying to 'erase their shame of defeat' & trying to win the Cup from our hands.

Train hard Team NTU!
Heavy responsibilities are now resting upon your shoulders...
No one has won the PM Cup for three consecutive years.
And now, imagine that.
You have that oppurtunity to create history for yourself, for the team, for NTU!"

These are the words of a concerned senior now turned alumni.


Two weeks have passed for me, since the end of my dragonboating profession. I still do frequent the gym, & do my regular runs. I guess that is my attempt in trying to retain that little connection I have with dragonboating; keeping myself in shape. But without the usual intensive trainings, I suppose that it will be a more conscious & disciplined effort on my part (I still want my abs!). All these is to do with "the pride of a dragonboater", you don't want to fall back into that abyss of being 'overweight', 'unfit' & 'unhealthy'... after all you were once a dragonboater. So rest assured that I won't turn into the legendary "黑熊白熊" of NTU. =P

Without any more weekend trainings, it just feels weird, somewhat out of place. I'm gonna miss those fun bunch of teammates...
But for now, I shall live with the memories of the last June Race together.







"NTU Flag flying up high"


"Double Victory to NTU Dragonboat Team"


"Last year, it was just me. This year, I got my Ngee Ann Girl!"


"Do-Re-Mi & their happy girlfriends"


"The Legendary 18 Arhats - still not totally assembled"

~The End~

No comments: